The holidays have passed and college students are returning to their studies. This means a whirlwind of packing, shipping, travel and other items to check off the to-do list. Before making the journey, remember that there are certain essentials any college student needs when going back to dorms or student housing for the spring semester. We’ve skipped some of the more obvious items—pens, backpacks and the like—and put together a checklist (of sorts) to make it easier for you to prepare:
· An extra hoodie (or two) for those long morning classes
· An alarm clock with snooze and extra alarm functions
· Vitamins and supplements to get you through the inevitable colds
· Chocolate bars for that extra boost while studying
· Soups, easy mac and frozen meals
· Extra toiletries to replace the ones that go missing
· Hats, gloves and an umbrella to get you through the weather
· A reusable water bottle to bring to class
These ideas are great ways to start the semester off on the right foot, but really, the list could be endless. College students require so much these days to get them through school, so we’ll make it easier for you to collect the necessities in one simple step! Check out these great companies that cater to students with some amazing care packages:
Redship.com – An eco-friendly company with a large variety of on-the-spot packages to purchase. They have a unique cylinder package and give-back philosophy that really sets them apart!
Coedsupply.com – The big orange box of incredible goodies can be delivered monthly to your dorm and it’s a great way for your family to show that they care—hint, hint!
Pjionbox.com – As another company with an animal mascot, we can’t help but love pijonbox and their mission to offer great monthly boxes as well as a store filled with all their treats!
Have you received one of these awesome college care packages? Show us your photos! And if you know of other great services, let us know about them ?