K-State Office Park
210 Units | 88 Lockers
With their new 60,000 sq ft multi-tentant office building quickly closing in on completion, the Kansas State University Foundation team realized they had not planned for, nor set aside space for mail and packages.
Design and planning considerations for the K-State Office Park subsequently included:
- Ideally an indoor solution
- Aesthetics of the area – centralized mailboxes and smart package lockers must look like they belong together
- Flexibility to serve both traditional business office tenants and their employees, as well as coworking space tenant and users
- With limited common space, avoid carving out lease space if at all possible
- Tight timeline (three months) to complete space re-design and fully implement
K-State Office Park maximized package and mail delivery convenience for business tenants with minimal space via coordinating automated smart package management and centralized mail center design.
The tenants love the convenient, central location in the building and it has become a great leasing tool for new tenants. All carriers, including the USPS when the mailbox parcel lockers have been filled, are using the Package Concierge® consistently, meaning packages are no longer strewn around the floor.
“We were within four months of completing our new office building and we realized we didn’t have a plan or any space set aside for mail and packages!”
— Kate Ryan Commercial Leasing & Engagement Manager
Key Actions taken to establish a new centralized mail and package center
- Met with local USPS Postmaster to discuss mail and package delivery and to gain concurrence on indoor location
- Determined Package Concierge® system and size based on anticipated package types and volumes
- Completed wall-mounted 4C mailbox design layout based on tenant businesses
- Selected matching powdercoat finishes for both centralized mailboxes and smart package locker solutions
- Collaborated with the architect to finalize all equipment specifications and drawings
- Developed equipment contract, delivery, and installation plan with General Contractor
- Completed the equipment planning and installation
- Conducted training and onboarding for the smart package locker solution with the operations team
After operating the multi-tenant office building for about a year, the K-State Office Park management team report the following about their new centralized mail and package center:
- Partner-tenants love the convenient, central location in the building
- The ample parcel locker space has meant packages are no longer strewn about on the floor
- All carriers, including the USPS when the mailbox parcel lockers have been filled, are using the Package Concierge® consistently
- While mail and package delivery is an expectation – the Package Concierge® smart locker system is seen as an extra “amenity” and a great leasing tool for new tenants
- The Edge@1880 coworking members also use the smart lockers for shipping, and one-time use (peer-to-peer) transactions to transfer items to others
- In addition to packages, KSU Foundation staff use the smart locker system to deliver internal paperwork, badges, etc. to clients
- Users love their timely delivery notifications from the Package Concierge® and on average, pick up their mail and packages in less than 10 hours of delivery
- Kate Ryan – Commercial Leasing & Engagement Manager, KSU Foundation (Project Manager)
- Greg Lohrentz – COO/CFO, KSU Foundation (Executive Sponsor)
- Sherilyn McRell – Operations Manager, KSU Foundation (Systems Admin)
- Susan Grasmick – Postmaster, U.S. Postal Service
- Hoefer Wysocki Architects – Building Design Team
- McCownGordon Construction – General Contractor
- HomestoreDirects – Authorized Florence Dealer
KSU Foundation contacts Florence regarding needs and sets meeting with local Postmaster
Architect specifies Package Concierge® smart lockers and Florence 4C mailboxes for new mail and package center
McCownGordon procures and prepares building for centralized mail and package delivery equipment
Delivery and installation of mail and package equipment; plus smart locker system setup, and “go live” staff training
K-State Office Park’s newest building opens; centralized mail and smart package center is ready for business!
Request a Quote
Are you a property or business looking for more information about a Package Concierge® system to install at your location?
Please fill out the form below, and a representative will follow up with you shortly.